It’s always best to stick to just one personal blog. I speak from experience. For almost a year I’ve been jumping from blogger to WordPress, to another blogger, to tumblr , then to another blogger, then to Weebly, to Netlog and finally, to another WordPress. It was quite a journey and I’ve learned a lot about blogging from these different blogging sites which operate quite different from each other but I would not suggest you to take the same jumping journey as I have. It’s tiring to just be frustrated over and over again. Maybe it would not be the same with you and I for I am a perfectionist and I can’t just settle for less but as I was looking for the best blog site, I found myself trying to grab everything getting nothing. To spare you the first stage of blogging -confusion – let me share with some of my insights about these blogging sites I have tried myself.
Just to remind you – blogging is fun. Choosing your blogging site provider is the hard decision for me but when you get to establish your blog, it is fun. It really is.
- Blogger – Blogger has a variety of template. You can get from blogger itself or from other sites providing blogger templates. I love the feel of blogger templates but it has this weird aura that after few days of staring at that same template, I got so easily bored. The good thing about blogger is that it is so easy to manipulate. If you are a person who can just be easily contented with whatever template or design on your blog, then blogger is for you because blogging in blogger is so convenient. You just click New Post, type, then publish then your done with your first entry. Let me show you some of my blogger websites: http://iseekyoulord.blogspot.com/ ; http://mildredeemed.blogspot.com/ … then here is my sister’s blogger .. I think it is one of those good blogger templates. It has a professional look. http://life-chocolate-bites.blogspot.com/
- WordPress – I tried WordPress second to blogger and I was so disappointed to arrive at an intimidating interface. It looks so complicated but as it turned out, WordPress is not really that complicated. It really has just this intimidating professional look. Blogger is simplified while WordPress cuts to the detail. But no worries my friend, WordPress as in any blogging site, has this ‘Support’ feature which will aid you as a beginner on how to be able to establish a good blog. Actually, WordPress is my favorite. The reason why I quitted it on my first try was because of some troubleshooting problem in our internet connection that would just suddenly lag when I enter my WordPress. Overall, WordPress is cool! Most of its themes are less flowery and more formal and professional but it’s clean and not boring at all. Here is my first WordPress site. I really don’t like that much. http://iseekyoulord.wordpress.com/ ; And here is my second WordPress site! And I love it! http://mildredeemed.wordpreshttp://mildredeemed.wordpress.com/s.com/
- Tumblr – I don’t know with you, but Tumblr just don’t suite me. I think it’s just for liking post and reblogging post. Text blogs don’t often get read in Tumblr for this site is flooded with pictures and quotes. If you are into Typography then tumblr is for you. Tumblr is fun actually when I bored and when I don’t feel like reading for most of its creative pictures are amusing but I easily forgot them. Tumblr reads don’t often stick to my memory. I won’t really recommend Tumblr for blogging but there are some people I know who are just able to use Tumblr excellently. I love his blog. This is his blog – http://zymethco.tumblr.com/ This is mine and please scan fast through it. It’s the plainest tumblog ever. http://mildredeemed.tumblr.com/
- Weebly – Weebly is actually not just a blogging site but is also a free website-building provider. It’s cool is it not? It’s an easy way to create your own website. It’s a great alternative to those complicated DreamWeaver and Photoshop. It used this drag and drop technique in putting in elements to your page. As it is a good website provider, I don’t really think it’s the best site to establish your blog. With Weebly you have to do everything on your own. It does not have those pre-established settings like sticky post in WordPress. I won’t really suggest Weebly. But do check my Weebly site. http://captured-thoughts.weebly.com/
- NetLog – NetLog is primarily a social networking site but I did not use it as one. I only had one friend there and so I just used it to blog freely. Freely as I was not afraid to make any mistakes as I would have been with my other blogs. You see, you can easily establish your NetLog with not half the effort you give on blogger or wordpress or tumblr or weebly. It’s not a blog-centered site but it has a Blog feature which is just okay.
But then again, I would really, really suggest WordPress especially if your’e someone who wants to stick into just one blog.
And remember this: Commit all your ways to the Lord, and desire His glory in everything you do, and you will succeed.
“Blogging/ Writing is that one profession where people won’t be shock that you are not earning anything.”