You know that you are watching to something that is truly amazing when you have goosebumps.
I watched this for the second time and I still have that same goosebumps when I first watched this.
Truly, God is the author and perfecter of our faith. And why, our faith should include believing for that One Person God has prepared for us. Love. What a sublime word to hear especially when you know that it is in the hands of God.
Posted in Blog, God, Inspiration, Life, Love, Wisdom
- Tagged Christianity, Faith, First Kiss, God, Grace, Life, Love, Maricar Reyes, Musings, Random thoughts, Richard Poon, Waiting, wedding
After watching Queen SeonDeok, unlike my experiences with any previous movies or series, I found myself recollecting now and again the words they have said. I groped for the wisdom that they have uttered. I found myself measuring up whether what each character did, paralleled the things they have said. I found few flaws but nevertheless Queen SeonDeok indeed is a brilliant drama. Each word spoken has been carefully thought of. Less often a character may act wrongly or may utter carelessly but even so, it never occurred to me that they are being foolish in any way. They acted with wisdom in accordance to the knowledge that they have.
- “It shall not be as easy as you believe, nonetheless, try.”
- Deokman: No success shall come to a nation devoid of dreams.
- Mishil: The truth is much too cumbersome a prospect for our people; hope is beyond their capacity, dialogue is too vexatious for their feeble minds, and any freedom given will lead them to hesitate. People are pragmatic. And often they display spurious, unreasonable behavior.
- Mishil: Punishment as cruel and stern as a raging storm, administering any reward with prudence… Those are the very fundamentals of a ruler’s hegemony.
- Yushin to Deokman: You must have faith in what you believe is right to survive this arduous journey.
- Lord Chunchu: Would anything pleasant offer you a swift escape?
- Deokman: Hope can make you overcome all the pain and fatigue. The dreams and hopes of our people shall enrich this nation.
- Deokman: A ruler who has not time for his people has no right to sit on the throne.
- Chunchu: History is filled with unprecedented occurances.
- Chunchu: Juvenile fatuity might influence my views and becloud my judgment, but nowhere else have I ever seen such a barbaric and frivolous policy.
- Deokman to mishil: You are the for I can trust more than anyone I know.
- Mishil: I needed to rediscover my true intents.
- Deokman; Chunchu is a remarkable young man full of resolve. i believe that wisdom will guide his choice. Unintended as it might have been, Chunchu and I spelled the end for two walls hampering Mishil.
- Deokman: This new determination shown by Mishil heralds the advent of our strongest foe.
- Mishil to Chunchu: It is because they did not devote their all to repress me; That is the essence of conflict. Do not mistake subterfuges with mere mind games. To become Queen, my life was drenched with stratagems. i devoted body and soul, my entire life to this. Should my presence daunt you, hold onto me. If revenge is your calling devote your all to vanquish me, like Princess Deokman. Those are the only ways you will ever be able to contend with me. Stake your life to fight me, or else, you perish.
- Deokman to Chunchu: Arrogance and malice sweltered your soul, your mind captured by all the victims of your impending vengeance…. Since I did not trust anyone, there is nothing that I could start. Let us start together, you and I.
Chunchu to Deokman: If you mean to embrace me, it will mean accepting my every facet even the vitriol which flows down my veins.
Deokman to Chunchu: What I can do is becoming something that can embrace all those people. Should this embrace be too small to contain all your ambition, you can break free anytime you wish. Chunchu: Did you shed as many tears as I have?
- Mishil to Deokman: Our statutes and institutions, they are always a perilous sword with two edges. Not only their foe, but even those wielding it may injure themselves.
- Misaeng to Mishil: I believe the annals of history will consign you to a luminous legacy. however, this can besmirch everything you have accomplished so far.
- Yushin to Deokman: But that would be too dangerous.
Deokman to Yushin: I realized today that nothing in life is more dangerous than surviving itself.
- Deokman: Before the pages of history, we all were nothing but mere pawns.
- Deokman: Your highness, the talent that I want by my side is not other than you, Mishil.
Mishil: Your triumph must be laden with fierce resistance on my part.
- Mishil to Lord Seolwon: While you still can fight, fighting is all you can do. and when you no longer can, protecting it you must. When you can no longer protect it, retreat is all it takes. And when retreat is not even an option, surrender is your next best decision. Should even surrender prove impossible, on that day, demise will be your best compeer.
Lord Seolwon to Mishil: Why did you let them weaken you.
Mishil to Lord Seolwon: It did not. Many chapters filled my strategy, and this is merely the final one.
- Deokman: Mishil, if it hadn’t been for you, I wouldn’t reach this far….. I salute you Mishil… (tears)
- Deokman: I accorded Gaya my benevolence but they refused ti believe in our future together and instead supported Wolya’s restoration movement.
- Yushin to Bidam: Obsess over watching the deer, and you will lose sight of the mountain.
- Deokman: Earning people is such a trifling endeavor.
- Chunchu referring to Deokman: She is trying to show me that you cannot gain people by your acumen alone. And so are the grandiose achievements she dreams for this country.
- ….”If people are your only goals, you will only incur danger. Bigger goals, bigger dreams are what you should aspire for.”
- Bidam to Deokman: So why have you changed?
Deokman to Bidam: For I have no name. Princess, Crown Princess… even the scoundrels parading in the market have a name yet a rules does not. All I am is “Her Majesty.” Nobody cann call my name now. Calling my name means treason. Bidam, only you think of me as a person- as a woman.
- Deokman: I therefore, admit my responsibility in creating this conflict. However, my convictions are firm. In war, it is the country whose people enjoy the most stability that will triumph in the end.
- Bidam: You are like a horse on the chessboard of history, but I am not. That is why the Master said this book belongs to you.
- Deokman: this unification is a war of endurance which might last for ten, a hundred years. It is not a matter of strategy or military power. That endurance only comes from one’s people.
- Deokman: Gaining people’s trust might be harder than gaining all creation. But, what is harder than gaining people’s trust is having to abandon them.
- Chunchu: Fear is an offspring of the unknown.
- Chunchu to Bidam: Devotion has blinded you to the point of obscuring your path.
- Chunchu: Bidam, it is most regrettable for you. But there is no page in history for a man driven by devotion.
- Yeomjong: You are the only one who can bring destruction upon yourself.
- Queen SeonDeok to Young Deokman: Deokman… the path ahead of you will be arduous and it will be painful. You will lose beloved ones, and experience utmost loneliness. It will be more barren and dim than in the dessert. For it will seem like you have the world, but in truth you will not be able to gain anything. But still you must endure it. All right? Endure it. Endure it to the end.
Posted in Blog, Inspiration, Random Thoughts, Uncategorized, Wisdom
- Tagged Bidam, Deokman, interests, Korean Series, mishil, Musings, Queen Seon Deok, quotes, Random thoughts, vacation, wisdom, yushin
Grown-up Deokman to Child Deokman
Deokman…. the path ahead of you will be arduous and it will be painful. You will lose beloved ones, and experience utmost loneliness. It will be more barren and dim than in the dessert. For it will seem like you have the world, but in truth you will not be able to gain anything. But still you must endure it. All right? Endure it. Endure it to the end.
“Endure it. Endure it all to the end.”
“Who are you? What are you doing?”
I loved words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them. – Anne Rice
I love to sing words too. I just don’t think you’d love to hear me do that. 🙂
Realities need to be recognized and accepted and I have accepted most of that I know.
It’s always best to stick to just one personal blog. I speak from experience. For almost a year I’ve been jumping from blogger to WordPress, to another blogger, to tumblr , then to another blogger, then to Weebly, to Netlog and finally, to another WordPress. It was quite a journey and I’ve learned a lot about blogging from these different blogging sites which operate quite different from each other but I would not suggest you to take the same jumping journey as I have. It’s tiring to just be frustrated over and over again. Maybe it would not be the same with you and I for I am a perfectionist and I can’t just settle for less but as I was looking for the best blog site, I found myself trying to grab everything getting nothing. To spare you the first stage of blogging -confusion – let me share with some of my insights about these blogging sites I have tried myself.
Just to remind you – blogging is fun. Choosing your blogging site provider is the hard decision for me but when you get to establish your blog, it is fun. It really is.
- Blogger – Blogger has a variety of template. You can get from blogger itself or from other sites providing blogger templates. I love the feel of blogger templates but it has this weird aura that after few days of staring at that same template, I got so easily bored. The good thing about blogger is that it is so easy to manipulate. If you are a person who can just be easily contented with whatever template or design on your blog, then blogger is for you because blogging in blogger is so convenient. You just click New Post, type, then publish then your done with your first entry. Let me show you some of my blogger websites: http://iseekyoulord.blogspot.com/ ; http://mildredeemed.blogspot.com/ … then here is my sister’s blogger .. I think it is one of those good blogger templates. It has a professional look. http://life-chocolate-bites.blogspot.com/
- WordPress – I tried WordPress second to blogger and I was so disappointed to arrive at an intimidating interface. It looks so complicated but as it turned out, WordPress is not really that complicated. It really has just this intimidating professional look. Blogger is simplified while WordPress cuts to the detail. But no worries my friend, WordPress as in any blogging site, has this ‘Support’ feature which will aid you as a beginner on how to be able to establish a good blog. Actually, WordPress is my favorite. The reason why I quitted it on my first try was because of some troubleshooting problem in our internet connection that would just suddenly lag when I enter my WordPress. Overall, WordPress is cool! Most of its themes are less flowery and more formal and professional but it’s clean and not boring at all. Here is my first WordPress site. I really don’t like that much. http://iseekyoulord.wordpress.com/ ; And here is my second WordPress site! And I love it! http://mildredeemed.wordpreshttps://mildredeemed.wordpress.com/s.com/
- Tumblr – I don’t know with you, but Tumblr just don’t suite me. I think it’s just for liking post and reblogging post. Text blogs don’t often get read in Tumblr for this site is flooded with pictures and quotes. If you are into Typography then tumblr is for you. Tumblr is fun actually when I bored and when I don’t feel like reading for most of its creative pictures are amusing but I easily forgot them. Tumblr reads don’t often stick to my memory. I won’t really recommend Tumblr for blogging but there are some people I know who are just able to use Tumblr excellently. I love his blog. This is his blog – http://zymethco.tumblr.com/ This is mine and please scan fast through it. It’s the plainest tumblog ever. http://mildredeemed.tumblr.com/
- Weebly – Weebly is actually not just a blogging site but is also a free website-building provider. It’s cool is it not? It’s an easy way to create your own website. It’s a great alternative to those complicated DreamWeaver and Photoshop. It used this drag and drop technique in putting in elements to your page. As it is a good website provider, I don’t really think it’s the best site to establish your blog. With Weebly you have to do everything on your own. It does not have those pre-established settings like sticky post in WordPress. I won’t really suggest Weebly. But do check my Weebly site. http://captured-thoughts.weebly.com/
- NetLog – NetLog is primarily a social networking site but I did not use it as one. I only had one friend there and so I just used it to blog freely. Freely as I was not afraid to make any mistakes as I would have been with my other blogs. You see, you can easily establish your NetLog with not half the effort you give on blogger or wordpress or tumblr or weebly. It’s not a blog-centered site but it has a Blog feature which is just okay.
But then again, I would really, really suggest WordPress especially if your’e someone who wants to stick into just one blog.
And remember this: Commit all your ways to the Lord, and desire His glory in everything you do, and you will succeed.
“Blogging/ Writing is that one profession where people won’t be shock that you are not earning anything.”