Love knows no intelligence nor any boundaries. Not even the prison cell nor death doors could keep it at bay.
Such love that not even silence can capture
The sentence comes in separate words
Bridge of deep waters separate one from the other
When the sound was released, it lingers but it never stays
Not even the silent field can contain it.
I grasped for breath beneath the cold air
My words are many years old
But they never rusted even if –
Now is the first time I have really used it –
Now that we part.
And you didn’t even get to hear it –
I. LOVE. YOU.
This poem was inspired by the movie Miracle at Cell Number 7.
After watching the movie, I realize that Love indeed is the greatest good.
Posted in Inspiration, New Beginning, Random Thoughts, Uncategorized
- Tagged greatest good, Journal, Love, Miracle at Cell Number 7, movie, Musings, poetry, Random thoughts, Seek
You know that you are watching to something that is truly amazing when you have goosebumps.
I watched this for the second time and I still have that same goosebumps when I first watched this.
Truly, God is the author and perfecter of our faith. And why, our faith should include believing for that One Person God has prepared for us. Love. What a sublime word to hear especially when you know that it is in the hands of God.
Posted in Blog, God, Inspiration, Life, Love, Wisdom
- Tagged Christianity, Faith, First Kiss, God, Grace, Life, Love, Maricar Reyes, Musings, Random thoughts, Richard Poon, Waiting, wedding
After watching Queen SeonDeok, unlike my experiences with any previous movies or series, I found myself recollecting now and again the words they have said. I groped for the wisdom that they have uttered. I found myself measuring up whether what each character did, paralleled the things they have said. I found few flaws but nevertheless Queen SeonDeok indeed is a brilliant drama. Each word spoken has been carefully thought of. Less often a character may act wrongly or may utter carelessly but even so, it never occurred to me that they are being foolish in any way. They acted with wisdom in accordance to the knowledge that they have.
- “It shall not be as easy as you believe, nonetheless, try.”
- Deokman: No success shall come to a nation devoid of dreams.
- Mishil: The truth is much too cumbersome a prospect for our people; hope is beyond their capacity, dialogue is too vexatious for their feeble minds, and any freedom given will lead them to hesitate. People are pragmatic. And often they display spurious, unreasonable behavior.
- Mishil: Punishment as cruel and stern as a raging storm, administering any reward with prudence… Those are the very fundamentals of a ruler’s hegemony.
- Yushin to Deokman: You must have faith in what you believe is right to survive this arduous journey.
- Lord Chunchu: Would anything pleasant offer you a swift escape?
- Deokman: Hope can make you overcome all the pain and fatigue. The dreams and hopes of our people shall enrich this nation.
- Deokman: A ruler who has not time for his people has no right to sit on the throne.
- Chunchu: History is filled with unprecedented occurances.
- Chunchu: Juvenile fatuity might influence my views and becloud my judgment, but nowhere else have I ever seen such a barbaric and frivolous policy.
- Deokman to mishil: You are the for I can trust more than anyone I know.
- Mishil: I needed to rediscover my true intents.
- Deokman; Chunchu is a remarkable young man full of resolve. i believe that wisdom will guide his choice. Unintended as it might have been, Chunchu and I spelled the end for two walls hampering Mishil.
- Deokman: This new determination shown by Mishil heralds the advent of our strongest foe.
- Mishil to Chunchu: It is because they did not devote their all to repress me; That is the essence of conflict. Do not mistake subterfuges with mere mind games. To become Queen, my life was drenched with stratagems. i devoted body and soul, my entire life to this. Should my presence daunt you, hold onto me. If revenge is your calling devote your all to vanquish me, like Princess Deokman. Those are the only ways you will ever be able to contend with me. Stake your life to fight me, or else, you perish.
- Deokman to Chunchu: Arrogance and malice sweltered your soul, your mind captured by all the victims of your impending vengeance…. Since I did not trust anyone, there is nothing that I could start. Let us start together, you and I.
Chunchu to Deokman: If you mean to embrace me, it will mean accepting my every facet even the vitriol which flows down my veins.
Deokman to Chunchu: What I can do is becoming something that can embrace all those people. Should this embrace be too small to contain all your ambition, you can break free anytime you wish. Chunchu: Did you shed as many tears as I have?
- Mishil to Deokman: Our statutes and institutions, they are always a perilous sword with two edges. Not only their foe, but even those wielding it may injure themselves.
- Misaeng to Mishil: I believe the annals of history will consign you to a luminous legacy. however, this can besmirch everything you have accomplished so far.
- Yushin to Deokman: But that would be too dangerous.
Deokman to Yushin: I realized today that nothing in life is more dangerous than surviving itself.
- Deokman: Before the pages of history, we all were nothing but mere pawns.
- Deokman: Your highness, the talent that I want by my side is not other than you, Mishil.
Mishil: Your triumph must be laden with fierce resistance on my part.
- Mishil to Lord Seolwon: While you still can fight, fighting is all you can do. and when you no longer can, protecting it you must. When you can no longer protect it, retreat is all it takes. And when retreat is not even an option, surrender is your next best decision. Should even surrender prove impossible, on that day, demise will be your best compeer.
Lord Seolwon to Mishil: Why did you let them weaken you.
Mishil to Lord Seolwon: It did not. Many chapters filled my strategy, and this is merely the final one.
- Deokman: Mishil, if it hadn’t been for you, I wouldn’t reach this far….. I salute you Mishil… (tears)
- Deokman: I accorded Gaya my benevolence but they refused ti believe in our future together and instead supported Wolya’s restoration movement.
- Yushin to Bidam: Obsess over watching the deer, and you will lose sight of the mountain.
- Deokman: Earning people is such a trifling endeavor.
- Chunchu referring to Deokman: She is trying to show me that you cannot gain people by your acumen alone. And so are the grandiose achievements she dreams for this country.
- ….”If people are your only goals, you will only incur danger. Bigger goals, bigger dreams are what you should aspire for.”
- Bidam to Deokman: So why have you changed?
Deokman to Bidam: For I have no name. Princess, Crown Princess… even the scoundrels parading in the market have a name yet a rules does not. All I am is “Her Majesty.” Nobody cann call my name now. Calling my name means treason. Bidam, only you think of me as a person- as a woman.
- Deokman: I therefore, admit my responsibility in creating this conflict. However, my convictions are firm. In war, it is the country whose people enjoy the most stability that will triumph in the end.
- Bidam: You are like a horse on the chessboard of history, but I am not. That is why the Master said this book belongs to you.
- Deokman: this unification is a war of endurance which might last for ten, a hundred years. It is not a matter of strategy or military power. That endurance only comes from one’s people.
- Deokman: Gaining people’s trust might be harder than gaining all creation. But, what is harder than gaining people’s trust is having to abandon them.
- Chunchu: Fear is an offspring of the unknown.
- Chunchu to Bidam: Devotion has blinded you to the point of obscuring your path.
- Chunchu: Bidam, it is most regrettable for you. But there is no page in history for a man driven by devotion.
- Yeomjong: You are the only one who can bring destruction upon yourself.
- Queen SeonDeok to Young Deokman: Deokman… the path ahead of you will be arduous and it will be painful. You will lose beloved ones, and experience utmost loneliness. It will be more barren and dim than in the dessert. For it will seem like you have the world, but in truth you will not be able to gain anything. But still you must endure it. All right? Endure it. Endure it to the end.
Posted in Blog, Inspiration, Random Thoughts, Uncategorized, Wisdom
- Tagged Bidam, Deokman, interests, Korean Series, mishil, Musings, Queen Seon Deok, quotes, Random thoughts, vacation, wisdom, yushin
Grown-up Deokman to Child Deokman
Deokman…. the path ahead of you will be arduous and it will be painful. You will lose beloved ones, and experience utmost loneliness. It will be more barren and dim than in the dessert. For it will seem like you have the world, but in truth you will not be able to gain anything. But still you must endure it. All right? Endure it. Endure it to the end.
“Endure it. Endure it all to the end.”
“Who are you? What are you doing?”